Akerman is a leading transactions and trial law firm known for its core strengths in middle market M&A, within the financial services and real estate industries, and for a diverse Latin America practice. Ranked among the top 100 law firms in the U.S. by The National Law Journal NLJ 250 (2012), we are intensely focused on innovating pragmatic, customized solutions to our clients' most complex legal challenges.
Our team is recognized by U.S. News – Best Lawyers (2013) as one of the best law firms in the U.S. in 30 practice areas. We also are ranked among the top 100 law firms in the U.S. for diversity by MultiCultural Law magazine (2012) and recognized as the law firm of the year for diversity – South by Benchmark Litigation (2012). More information can be found at akerman.com/ or twitter.com/akerman_law.
Akerman's Labor & Employment Practice Group represents employers throughout the U.S., in virtually every major industry and in connection with all aspects of labor relations and employment-related issues in the workplace. We are known for our work in specialized areas of practice, such as wage and hour, workplace discrimination and harassment, employment litigation, and leave issues under the ADA and FMLA. We also offer a nationally recognized immigration planning and compliance practice. Our team includes lawyers who are Board Certified in Labor & Employment Law by The Florida Bar as specialists in the field.
Our services include:
• ADA Public Access Compliance & Claims
• Disability, Medical & Other Leaves
• Employee Benefits & ERISA Litigation
• Employee Handbooks, Policies & Forms
• Employment Counseling & Workplace Claims Prevention
• Employment Discrimination, Harassment & Retaliation
• Employment Investigations & Audits
• Employment Litigation
• Immigration Planning & Compliance
• Independent Contractor Issues
• Labor & Employment Training in the Workplace
• Labor Relations
• Non-Competes & Trade Secrets
• Reductions-in-Force & WARN Act
• Wage & Hour Issues
• Whistleblower & Retaliation Claims
• Workplace Privacy Rights