Top 100 U.S. law firm Akerman LLP is pleased to announce that 21 of the lawyers in the firm's Chicago office are among the record 276 Akerman lawyers named to The Best Lawyers in America 2023 list.
The annual Best Lawyers list is based on peer review surveys in which more than 100,000 leading lawyers cast nearly 13 million votes on the legal abilities of their peers in their practice areas.
The Chicago team, led by office managing partner Amy G. Doehring, has grown to 55 lawyers with litigation and transactional strengths in a range of practices and client sectors, including financial services, land use and real estate, M&A and private equity, labor and employment, healthcare, intellectual property, bankruptcy and reorganization, tax, trusts and estates, as well as white collar crime and government investigations matters. The Chicago lawyers on the list also include Best Lawyers honoree Scott A. Meyers, who is firmwide Chairman and CEO of Akerman.
The Chicago lawyers named to Best Lawyers are:
- Sergio E. Acosta: Commercial Litigation
- Jeffrey P. Armstrong: Patent Law
- Mark Bernstein: Commercial Litigation
- Joel D. Bertocchi: Appellate Practice, Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Brian Bianco: Litigation – Intellectual Property
- David C. Blum: Tax Law, Litigation and Controversy – Tax
- Rebekah A. Carpenter: Financial Services Regulation Law – Ones to Watch
- Ruben Castillo: Commercial Litigation, Criminal Defense – White Collar
- Amy G. Doehring: Commercial Litigation
- Amy Moor Gaylord: Employment Law – Management
- John J. George: Litigation – Land Use and Zoning, Litigation – Real Estate, Real Estate Law
- Elpitha Lambros: Commercial Litigation – Ones to Watch
- Thomas Mandler: Employment Law
- LaKeisha Marsh: Government Relations Practice
- Rachel Mather: Corporate Law – Ones to Watch
- Scott A. Meyers: Litigation – Securities
- Catherine A. Miller: Commercial Litigation
- Thomas G. Pasternak: Litigation – Intellectual Property, Patent Law
- John Roache: Employment Law – Management
- Mary Samsa: Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Timothy Sendek: Litigation – Intellectual Property
Akerman LLP is a top 100 U.S. law firm recognized among the most forward-thinking firms in the industry by Financial Times. Its more than 700 lawyers and business professionals collaborate with the world’s most successful enterprises and entrepreneurs to navigate change, seize opportunities, and help drive innovation and growth.