Akerman will host a webinar on how employers should handle employee exposure to extreme temperatures. Lillian Moon and Jessica Travers will discuss an employer's legal duties; practical steps for the prevention of (and response to) heat and cold related illness and injuries; and how legal/human resources departments are/should be addressing the issue.
- How does an employer engage in the hazard assessment?
- Is air temperature a valid indicator of temperature-related hazard exposure?
- Are there any employee training or physiologic/environmental monitoring requirements?
- What are the signs of heat and cold stress?
- How are other OSHA standards, such as PPE, Recordkeeping, Sanitation, Medical Services and First Aid, and Safety Training and Education, triggered in an extreme temperature situation?
- What are the key considerations for an employer to create a Heat or Cold Illness Prevention Plan?
- What controls can an employer implement to solve temperature-related workplace issues?