Akerman is a sponsor of the American Bankruptcy Institute’s (ABI) Caribbean Insolvency Symposium. The symposium will feature prominent bankruptcy judges and experienced practitioners, curated to provide an interactive educational experience and ample networking opportunities.
Adam Swick will speak on a panel titled, "Chapter 15 Update/Recognition Issues." The panel will address recent decisions, including Modern Land, affecting the standard for recognition of a foreign insolvency proceeding as either a foreign main or nonmain proceeding. Additionally, the panel will discuss recent decisions concerning third-party releases in chapter 15 cases, including In re PT Pan Brothers Tbk, Case No. 22-10136-mg (Bankr. S.D.N.Y. 2022).
Additional symposium topics include:
- CRO/Restructuring in Cayman vs. Chapter 11 in U.S.
- Judge’s Roundtable: Ethics Issues
- Administrative Expenses under § 503
- Cross-Border Fraud
- Chapter 11 Update
- Getting Blood Out of a Stone: Who Can Get Paid Administrative Expenses Out of the Assets of an Insolvent Cayman Company
- What Do You THINK You Know about Subchapter V?
- Cayman Update