This program will be of interest to California employers, companies new to the state or contemplating setting up operations there. With complex state laws and dramatic rollbacks in regulations at the federal level, Beth Alcalde, Leanne Reagan, and Rachel C. Schumacher will address questions and a range of topics, including what happens at the intersection of California and federal law.
The briefing will cover:
• ERISA-governed employee benefit plans
• Workplace regulations on drug testing, wage withholding, and telehealth
• Key wage and hour laws and best practices for navigating them in California
• The ongoing healthcare reform effort
• Litigation trends and avoidance strategies
• Executive compensation