Akerman's Labor and Employment Practice Group will host a breakfast briefing to discuss the California Supreme Court's landmark decision in Dynamex that was issued on April 30, 2018. One year later, the decision has established a challenging new standard for employers to lawfully treat workers as independent contractors rather than employees. Akerman’s California employment law experts will address important issues during this breakfast briefing including:
- What standard does Dynamex set and how can it be satisfied?
- Under which laws does Dynamex apply now and how may its reach spread?
- Which employers and what roles are most at risk?
- How are courts ruling on whether Dynamex is retroactive?
- How may employers minimize their risk under Dynamex?