The Akerman National Brownfield Team is a proud sponsor of the National Brownfields Leadership Summit in Washington, D.C. The Summit will bring together private, public and non-profit leaders from across the Brownfield cleanup and redevelopment industry and connect them with key decision makers in the nation's capital. Hear the latest in Brownfield redevelopment policies, programs, and funding opportunities and interact directly with leading federal agency personnel.
Jason Lichtstein will also moderate a panel discussion with federal and municipal leaders to highlight revitalization and redevelopment initiatives and efforts in small and rural communities in the U.S.
Summit participants will have the opportunity to:
- Meet with key leaders of the Administration and Congress
- Learn about implementation of the new Brownfields law (BUILD Act of 2018)
- Learn about how your Opportunity Zones are being implemented in designated areas
- Hear the latest developments surrounding federal funding opportunities and incentives
- Participate in roundtable discussions with EPA, HUD, DOT, Economic Development Administration, and Department of Agriculture
- Network with top Brownfield redevelopment leaders from around the country